Sunday, February 14, 2010

The trouble with the good

Dear Hot Turquoise Bag

I have read your blog and really like what I am hearing. You are obviously a bag who likes to speak her mind and enjoys direct communication. I am a briefcase who is in search of a bag just like you. Please may I have your number?

Yours truly
Mr Briefcase

PS Happy Valentine’s Day

Dear Mr Briefcase

I am very flattered by your attention. I particularly like the forthright manner in which you approached me. Please submit a full length photo, recent bank statements and projected life plan. Should I think our paths should cross, I shall be happy to oblige. But until then, you keep out of Bermuda with any other handbags and continue working on that direct communication aspect. (Although your chances of meeting me will diminish significantly should you attempt to use this direct approach on more than one handbag simultaneously.) I know. It’s tough. But a faint heart never won a fair lady. I never tire of that saying…

Yours sincerely
T(H)TB

No comments:

Post a Comment