Sunday, February 14, 2010

The trouble with fan mail

Since writing my thought provoking article, “The trouble with Bermuda”, TTB has been inundated with responses. Yes, dear readers, TTB is happy to announce that people do in fact still think. And some of them don’t care much for the thoughts of TTB ! So in the interest of absolute impartiality I have chronicled some of the responses I have received and have endeavoured to answer them sincerely. (Hence the “yours sincerely” at the end of my letters!)I thought that I would start off with some fan mail:

Dear Turquoise Bag

I was so excited to read your “Bermuda triangle” theory! I have been searching for a way to explain this interesting phenomenon where a man floats into a woman’s life, starts a friendship, sends off some mixed signals and then leaves her for a hot girl in a pink bikini. And this is it! I have advised all of my friends to read your article and to make sure any “Bermudas” (that’s what we have started calling such useless, flaky men) are voted off the island. Please keep writing your nuggets of gold.

Kind regards
Your number 1 Fan

Dear Number 1 Fan

Thank you for your fan mail. It was lovely to in fact get some fan mail and not a pink slip costing me 300 Raant. Keep up the good work in improving your “Bermuradar”. (A Bermuradar is just what I call the ability to detect men you so aptly call, “Bermudas”. Kind of reminds me of Barracudas. But I digress…) I really do appreciate the excellent PR work you are doing for my blog!

Yours sincerely
The Turquoise Bag


You might be thinking what the trouble is with getting fan mail? Well, there isn’t any trouble! Nope, there really isn’t anything wrong with getting fan mail! It’s fantastic! However, hate mail is not quite as much fun so next we’re hitting the good, the bad and the ugly. And I think it’s always better to get ugly over and done with. (The Ugly Duckling proved this a good theory.) Please have a peek at my next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment